Subject: 29.0.50; master 4a1f69ebca (TICKS . HZ) for current-time broke lsp-mode

From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:53:44 +0200

Hi,
the recent patch 4a1f69ebca broke the lsp-mode logging code. The logging code uses the expression
expression (/ (nth 2 (time-since before-send)) 1000) to
calculate the time of the event to be logged. lsp-mode starts the lsp-server, but is unable to work.

Thank you.
Ciao

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-04-28 built on 3-191.divsi.unimi.it
Repository revision: 9c70045f674b31db7a640d8a59939ce8df7ed37b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-cairo --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
 --without-pop --without-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs_x11
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O3
 -fno-strict-aliasing -g -march=native -mtune=native -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JavaScript[JSX]

Minor modes in effect:
  lsp-ui-mode: t
  lsp-ui-doc-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  lsp-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/opt/emacs_x11/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient hides /home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220425.1314/transient
/home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/irony hides /home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/server/build/src/irony
/home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/irony hides /home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/server/test/elisp/irony
/home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/irony-cdb-json hides /home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/server/test/elisp/irony-cdb-json
/home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/irony-iotask hides /home/vincenzo/Projects/Emacs/newconfig/emacs.d/elpa/irony-20220110.849/server/test/elisp/irony-iotask

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cl-print debug backtrace
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate semantic/imenu semantic/sb
semantic/db-typecache lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc xwidget
goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util lsp-zig
lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl
lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v lsp-typeprof
lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph
lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls
lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml
lsp-magik lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-java request lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy
lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp
lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm
lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-dart lsp-dart-commands
lsp-dart-flutter-widget-guide lsp-dart-flutter-fringe-colors
lsp-dart-flutter-colors lsp-dart-outline lsp-dart-code-lens
lsp-dart-test-tree lsp-dart-test-output lsp-dart-test-support
lsp-dart-dap lsp-dart-devtools lsp-dart-flutter-daemon dap-utils
dap-mouse dap-ui gdb-mi bindat gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry
bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils lsp-lens dap-mode dap-launch
posframe dap-overlays lsp-dart-closing-labels lsp-dart-utils
lsp-dart-protocol lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp lsp-crystal lsp-cmake
lsp-clojure lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-interface treemacs-extensions
treemacs-mouse-interface treemacs-tags treemacs-persistence
treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-ansible
lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/wisent/javascript-jv
semantic/wisent/js-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/java semantic/doc js-mode-expansions js vc-git vc-dispatcher
company-web-html company-web company-css web-completion-data
web-mode-expansions semantic/db-mode web-mode shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree mule-util cal-move misearch multi-isearch ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi the-org-mode-expansions org-element avl-tree org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-java ob-sql ob-js ob-C cc-mode-expansions cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs ob-python ob-shell ob-awk ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs git-gutter google-translate-smooth-ui
google-translate-core-ui facemenu popup google-translate-core
google-translate-tk google-translate-backend magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-base magit-section crm compat-27 compat-26 compat vterm
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec face-remap term disp-table shell
pcomplete ehelp vterm-module term/xterm xterm expand-region
text-mode-expansions python-el-fgallina-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom dired-launch which-key
projectile-speedbar sr-speedbar speedbar dframe projectile lisp-mnt
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs add-log init custom-rust custom-dart
custom-java mvn custom-go custom-sql sql view custom-clojure custom-web
custom-ruby custom-python elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor diff-mode python
hideshow grep files-x cus-edit cus-start cus-load custom-php
custom-markdown custom-c irony irony-iotask lsp-modeline lsp-mode
lsp-protocol yasnippet spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode
color noutline outline lv inline ht filenotify f s ewoc epg rfc6068
epg-config compile comint company-quickhelp pos-tip company-yasnippet
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-semantic
company-template company-capf company pcase consult-flycheck flycheck
ansi-color dash consult-imenu consult-xref xref project consult-vertico
consult bookmark text-property-search perspective comp comp-cstr
warnings advice thingatpt ido vertico rx edmacro kmacro cl-extra
help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source password-cache json map url-vars
elec-pair which-func imenu saveplace winner ring minibuf-eldef hl-line
savehist delsel recentf tree-widget wid-edit xt-mouse custom-function
custom-variable semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw eieio seq subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib mode-local
find-func cedet iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 825540 79395)
 (symbols 48 59651 1)
 (strings 32 278778 26200)
 (string-bytes 1 11022323)
 (vectors 16 122356)
 (vector-slots 8 2826624 108417)
 (floats 8 1092 841)
 (intervals 56 3189 489)
 (buffers 992 28))