Subject: Re: bug#55149: 29.0.50; Commit f30625943e broke magit/with-editor

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:39:11 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It is, thanks.  Shouldn't you also adapt the add-function docstring?
>> Oh, that's adapted automatically!  Interesting approach.
>
> :-)
> Actually, it was done to avoid copy&paste between the docstrings of
> `add-function` and `advice-add`, but it's nice that it also avoids
> duplication between the code and the doc and makes sure the doc is in
> sync with the code.

Indeed, and I think until recently advice-add didn't document HOW but
just referred to add-function which was a bit annoying because usually
one uses advice-add so does C-h f on that and then needs to TAB to
add-function to get the docs on that.

Would you mind adding this magic also to define-advice so that the HOW
is described there as well?

Bye,
Tassilo