Subject: Re: bug#55149: 29.0.50; Commit f30625943e broke magit/with-editor

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:28:37 +0200

"M. Ian Graham" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Oh, you are right. But I was able to extract (at least one of) the
>> problematic with-editor advice(s) which cause the breakage.
>
>> Save the below as bug-recipe.el:
>
> Nice find. Confirmed on my end that this breaks emacsclient commands
> after f30625943e but not before. Had to add a require 'cl-lib to the
> top, otherwise works perfectly with bare emacs -Q.

Oh, well, the recipe can even be simplyfied to defining just a
do-nothing advice!

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(advice-add 'server-visit-files :after
            #'server-visit-files--with-editor-file-name-history-exclude)

(defun server-visit-files--with-editor-file-name-history-exclude
    (files _proc &optional _nowait)
  nil)

(server-start)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Bye,
Tassilo