Subject: Re: bug#55140: 27.1; Feature request: allow customize holidays list

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:30:39 -0400

I don't understand this request, nor the solution.

list-holidays allows the list of holidays to be passed as third argument.
This argument defaults to the variable calendar-holidays,
which is a defcustom. So that seems like two ways you can control
the list of holidays?

The solution splits the completion list used by the interactive
prompting into a separate function. Is the misspelling "holydays"
intentional?

"you can alter the results by redefining that function, or use
`add-function' to all values.". The last part of that doesn't make sense.
And you can redefine any function in Emacs, so does this really need stating?

But how is this any better than defining your own interactive wrapper
function that just calls list-holidays non-interactively with the
desired list?

Was this report actually about the interactive behaviour?
It started with "the feature request is an option in customize to allow
adding/hiding holiday-lists". I thought that already existed.