Subject: bug#55136: closed (Re: bug#55136: keepassxc segfaults when merging databases)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 14:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#55136: keepassxc segfaults when merging databases

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55136: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55136
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55136: keepassxc segfaults when merging databases
From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Aurora <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], raingloom <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 16:27:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> raingloom <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 23:42:35 -0400
>> Aurora <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> >> Strange, I use keepassxc regularly for a long time now and I've
>>> >> never seen it crash. Though I don't do complex stuff such as
>>> >> merging databases, just retrieval of users and passwords and
>>> >> creation of new entries.  
>>> >
>>> > I also use it everyday, but I simply open an existing (dated)
>>> > database and edit entries to it/use it. It seems to crash often
>>> > when creating new databases for me.
>>> >
>>> > Maxim  
>>> 
>>> I just tested Guix's Keepassxc v2.7.1 at Guix revision
>>> 01596f40a994a2bb39dde5867ca66e9f7e9e67e0 for merging newly created
>>> databases (KDBX4) with and without conflicts in entries.
>>> 
>>> I experienced no crashes. Unless keepassxc or its dependencies
>>> changed
>>> by the time I tested it, I think that something else might be
>>> interacting.
>>> 
>>> - Aurora
>>
>> Might very well be an upstream bug, I'll try to build it with debug
>> symbols and see if I can reproduce it with the latest Guix commit.
>
> Any update?  Do newer versions work better for you?

Seems to work right now, I guess we can close it for now.

Subject: keepassxc segfaults when merging databases
From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
To: Guix Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:25:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sorry, can't really send the database files, obviously.

Here is the error message instead.

```
failed to register FdoSecrets::Item(0x5596b3d47a20) at
"/org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/passes/c417f89606a5463fa0746d0a5f5625ba"
"Failed to register item on DBus at path
'/org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/passes/c417f89606a5463fa0746d0a5f5625ba'"
QObject::connect(Group, Unknown): invalid nullptr parameter
QObject::connect(FdoSecrets::Item, FdoSecrets::Collection): invalid
nullptr parameter QObject::connect(FdoSecrets::Item,
FdoSecrets::Collection): invalid nullptr parameter [1]    1425
segmentation fault  keepassxc
```