Subject: bug#55136: keepassxc segfaults when merging databases

From: Aurora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 23:42:35 -0400

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Strange, I use keepassxc regularly for a long time now and I've never
>> seen it crash. Though I don't do complex stuff such as merging
>> databases, just retrieval of users and passwords and creation of new
>> entries.
>
> I also use it everyday, but I simply open an existing (dated) database
> and edit entries to it/use it.  It seems to crash often when creating
> new databases for me.
>
> Maxim

I just tested Guix's Keepassxc v2.7.1 at Guix revision
01596f40a994a2bb39dde5867ca66e9f7e9e67e0 for merging newly created
databases (KDBX4) with and without conflicts in entries.

I experienced no crashes. Unless keepassxc or its dependencies changed
by the time I tested it, I think that something else might be
interacting.

- Aurora