Subject: bug#55119: 27.2; Inferior Python/ M-x run-python problem with Tk on Windows

From: Robert Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 05:30:14 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The buffering issue you could perhaps deal with, by telling Python to
>> use unbuffered I/O.  But I'm not even sure this is the root cause of
>> what you see.
>>
>> That is all I can tell without more detail, sorry.
>
> More information was requested, but no response was given within a few
> months, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
> please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

I have a little more information.

* 1. Ipython.

This bug does not appear with ipython.  So I have simply switched to
using ipython.

* 2. Tell Python to use Unbuffered IO.

I tried this by setting the PYTHONUNBUFFERED environment variable, it
doesn't help, the same error occurs

* 3. Other Investigation.

A user called Bombastry on Reddit did more digging into this problem.
Bombastry found that it happens with the Qt widget library too.

On the other hand, I don't think that any of this is important enough to
reopen the bug.  I'm really just writing it so that hopefully it appears
in a web-search for anyone who has this problem in the future.

BR,
Rob