Subject: Re: bug#55103: 29.0.50; Server mode + reuseable-frames + switch-to-buffer-other-window + *scratch* => hang

From: Derek Upham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:49:52 -0700

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Then t doesn't seem like a very useful value?
>
> Maybe Derek will tell us whether '0' is not sufficient for him.

All of this came from me experimenting with the configuration 
suggested in the Perspective package:

  https://github.com/nex3/perspective-el#some-musings-on-emacs-window-layouts

I guess the author doesn’t use the server.

After looking at the “Action Alists for Buffer Display” docs, I 
tried ‘visible’ and that fixes the problem.  In particular, I 
brought up *scratch* in a separate TTY client, and Emacs filtered 
that display from consideration, like we would want.

Is ‘t’ is ever useful, I wonder?  What other categories are there 
besides visible frames and iconified frames (both covered by ‘0’), 
and this edge case?

Anyway to summarize: this is not a dire problem, it was just weird 
and worth investigating.  The proposed fix works for me.

Thanks,

Derek