Subject: [bug#55083] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add bundlewrap

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:32:41 +0200

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 20:49:00 +0200
Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli schreef op za 23-04-2022 om 18:54 [+0200]:
> > +    (license license:gpl3)))
> 
> Isn't this incompatible with librouteros' license?
Yes it is.

I've deduced both licenses from the setup.py file which as I understand
constitutes a statement of the project license (according to the GPL
FAQ you need statements to be sure of the license, not just a COPYING
file), but the issue is that they don't tell if it's GPLv2-only or
GPLv2-or-later (or GPLv3-only or GPLv3-or-later for bundlewrap's).

At first I've asked librouteros to clarify the situation[1] and
if that doesn't work I can still ask bundlewrap to add an exception for
linking against GPLv2-only code.

The later is also possible because there is some copyright assignment
process when sending patches to bundlewrap[2].

References:
-----------
[1]https://github.com/luqasz/librouteros/issues/129
[2]https://github.com/bundlewrap/bundlewrap/blob/main/CAA.md

Denis.