Subject: bug#55082: emacs-28.1-installer.exe not signed by Phillip Lord

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 09:16:12 +0300

> From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:43:47 -0500
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
> 	Matthew James Kraai <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 12:15 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > The second one is better, IMO, but please fix a minor stylistic nit:
> > saying "Alternately" twice in a row should be avoided.  How about
> > replacing the second on with "Or"?
> 
> I believe I had reworded the prior occurrence to avoid using
> "Alternately" twice.  Any chance you misread the patch?

Yes, sorry.  But the rewording loses information: it makes it sound
like one must do the second step, whereas the original text correctly
explained that it is an alternative to the first method.

IOW, we now have 2.5 methods for installation, not just 2 as your text
hints.

> In any event, although I prefer the first/shorter version, I'm fine
> deferring to your judgment (it's why I proffered two versions, after
> all).

It might be shorter, but it says nothing about the zip file, and IMO
this is important, especially for people who are uneasy running
executables downloaded from Web sites, or running installers in
general.  (It is okay, IMO, to mention the installer version first and
the zip version second, though.)