Subject: bug#55070: 28.1; desktop-load doesn't work in -nw (non-gui) emacs

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 20:25:52 +0300

> Please try the patch below.  Its main idea is that calling
> frameset-move-onscreen makes no sense on a text-mode display, so I
> made desktop.el force frameset.el avoid calling that function in this
> case.  The rest is basically a simple cleanup.

The patch works without problems (I didn't notice
the argument :force-onscreen before).

> In addition to testing the use case of both saving and restoring the
> desktop in a -nw session, I'd appreciate testing when the desktop was
> saved in a GUI session and is restored in a TTY session, and vice
> versa.

Saving the desktop in a GUI session and restoring in a TTY session
adds an empty line between the top buffer and the tab bar when
tab-bar-mode was enabled before saving.

Saving the desktop in a TTY session and restoring in a GUI session
restores only the first frame, but the message says 2 frames were restored.

> Likewise for when the session in which the desktop is restored
> is a daemon session -- the main concern there is that a daemon session
> shouldn't restore frames at all.

I don't use a daemon session, maybe someone could help to test it.