Subject: bug#55064: 28.1; Dired not correctly displaying webp files

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:48:54 +0200

If one visits a webp file in Dired using dired-find-file, the file is
visible for a few
seconds only before disappearing. The file is visible if one views it using
image-dired, i.e., by selecting it and invoking C-t d.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-04-21 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1645)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENS
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired by date

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  dired-hide-details-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree image-converter image-mode exif
recentf tree-widget two-column savehist writegood-mode multiple-cursors
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core comp comp-cstr warnings rect org-web-tools s eww
xdg url-queue shr kinsoku svg xml browse-url mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mail-utils wid-edit
esxml-query dom dash dired-x markdown-mode color thingatpt smart-quotes
org-download org-element avl-tree generator org-attach org-id org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol org-keys
oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs url-http url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-gw nsm rmc puny url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars ace-window subr-x
lorem-ipsum unfill yasnippet cl-extra seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv derived help-mode avy-zap avy rx cl-seq ring dired-async
easy-mmode async pcase cl-macs gv dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
remember edmacro kmacro saveplace hi-lock desktop frameset cl-loaddefs
cl-lib delsel cus-load iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify
w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 357770 20461)
 (symbols 48 27232 10)
 (strings 32 83734 3717)
 (string-bytes 1 9457506)
 (vectors 16 36197)
 (vector-slots 8 488485 29730)
 (floats 8 301 289)
 (intervals 56 4794 266)
 (buffers 992 30))