Subject: bug#55047: Bug: Abort Dialog upon start

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 16:33:41 +0300

> Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 13:24:31 +0000 (UTC)
> From: hermit sings <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
> 	"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> No, I'm launching it from the Start Menu as an application.

And if you open a Command Prompt window and invoke Emacs from the cmd
prompt, as "emacs -Q", does it also show the abort dialog?

Also, what happens if you invoke it from the Start->Run dialog, like
this:

  C:\Program Files\Emacs\emacs-28.1\bin\runemacs.exe -Q

(note: "runemacs", not "emacs").

> Yes, the breakpoint breaks at one point. But `bt` shows `No stack`.

That's because you haven't run the application yet, by typing "run".

But I see that after you do run it, the breakpoint never breaks.  So I
still don't understand why you see that MS_VC_EXCEPTION event; it
doesn't happen here, FWIW.

What happens if instead of "run" at the GDB prompt you type "run -Q"?