Subject: Re: bug#55047: Bug: Abort Dialog upon start

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 08:46:39 +0300

> From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:32:04 -0500
> Cc: hermit sings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2022, 06:06 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>  Corwin, does the pretest include debug symbols in the Emacs binary, or
>  was that also stripped?
> 
> No.  I will take this as direction to avoid stripping for future pretest versions and I'll create a binary set with
> debug symbols from the 28.1 source tarballs also.

Thank you.  Indeed, at least the pretest releases should not be
stripped.

We could also consider providing a separate zip file with debugging
symbols even for the release versions (the 'objcopy' utility is
capable of moving the debug information to a separate file, and then
adding a special "debug-link" section in the executable that points to
that file, which allows GDB to debug it).