Subject: bug#55042: python-scipy breaks login on foreign distro

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:25:36 -0400

Hi Simon,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 at 17:40, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> It's probably XDG_DATA_DIRS; could you try unsetting it?  See the old
>> bug #26202, which looks like a duplicate to me.
>
> Indeed, it seems a duplicate.  Note that I cannot reproduce on Debian,
> as I wrote [1].
>
> By unset the variable, you mean just not source any Guix profile at
> login time, right?

I forget how it works, but I think the greeter would typically read
/etc/profile or /etc/profile.d/guix.sh which sets your profile variables
such as XDG_DATA_DIRS.  You could hack it temporarily to unset
XDG_DATA_DIRS after it's done sourcing these.

Easier said than accomplished, depending on the greeter.

Cheers!

Maxim