Subject: Re: bug#55041: 28.1; repeat-mode always prints message when enabled

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 12:54:49 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Howard Melman <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 11:01:30 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > To clarify: I'm only against shutting up desktop.el and ispell.el (out
> > of the list of packages that were discussed here).
> 
> Both interactively and non-interactively?  (The suggestion is to make
> these modes be silent when called non-interactively.)

What do you mean by "non-interactively" in these two cases?

desktop.el runs automatically each time I restart Emacs, and ispell is
loaded and reloaded automatically whenever I visit a file in any
derivative of text-mode and whenever I the dictionary changes.  I
think those are deemed "non-interactive" for the purposes of your
question?  In both cases, it is important for me to see the messages.
For example, when the speller is restarted, I do want to see a message
telling me it is now using this or that dictionary.