Subject: bug#55011: closed (Re: bug#55011: let user drop into REPL from installer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55011: let user drop into REPL from installer

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55011: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55011
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55011: let user drop into REPL from installer
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: raingloom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 14:45:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> Long story short I got an error related to mkfs.btrfs, this I think has
> already been reported, but Mumi's search is not great so I haven't
> verified that yet.

Installer now reports failing partitioning commands and offers to re-run
them or keep things going. This should cover your request.

Closing,

Mathieu

Subject: let user drop into REPL from installer
From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
To: Guix Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 01:23:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I tried installing Guix with the installer, mostly to give LUKS a try
in a low effort way, but also to hopefully find some bugs. I succeeded
in the latter so far. :)

I did a manual partitioning, with an encrypted BTRFS root and an ext4
/boot. The layout was left over from a previous failed encrypted
install with automatic partitioning.

Long story short I got an error related to mkfs.btrfs, this I think has
already been reported, but Mumi's search is not great so I haven't
verified that yet.

The important thing is that I'd like not to reboot or start the
installation from scratch. Scheme has call/cc and continuable
exceptions and whatever, so could we let users at least attempt to fix
these errors manually?

At the very least it would let them gather more info for debugging.