Subject: Re: bug#55003: emacs-dash test failing,

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 16:34:17 -0400

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 18.04.2022 um 06:23 -0500 schrieb Bryan Paronto:
>> Hello Guixers
> Hi Bryan
>
>> I’ll prefacing by saying I’m still rather green to Guix System and
>> Home, but am loving every minute of hacking, even when things dont
>> immediate go according to plan.
>> 
>> This morning I’m attempting to use Guix for all of my Emacs package
>> management needs, however one package, emacs-dash-2.19.1 seems to be
>> failing to build. According to the logs, this is due to a long-than-
>> 80-character doctring. According to their repository, this issue has
>> been address, but a new release has not yet been cut containing the
>> fix.
> That's rather peculiar given that emacs-dash builds fine in CI as far
> as I am aware.  I also have a build locally cached.
>
> /gnu/store/63r1i2mpgivb2f99h2dscmrymcv9n257-emacs-dash-2.19.1
>
> On which Guix commit are you currently?  Do you perhaps use a channel,
> that provides its own definition of emacs-dash?

It builds repeatedly fine for me as well.

Closing, but do reopen if you can reproduce on a fresh Guix commit.

Maxim