Subject: bug#55003: closed (Re: bug#55003: emacs-dash test failing,)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55003: emacs-dash test failing,

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55003: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55003
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55003: emacs-dash test failing,
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Bryan Paronto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 16:34:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 18.04.2022 um 06:23 -0500 schrieb Bryan Paronto:
>> Hello Guixers
> Hi Bryan
>
>> I’ll prefacing by saying I’m still rather green to Guix System and
>> Home, but am loving every minute of hacking, even when things dont
>> immediate go according to plan.
>> 
>> This morning I’m attempting to use Guix for all of my Emacs package
>> management needs, however one package, emacs-dash-2.19.1 seems to be
>> failing to build. According to the logs, this is due to a long-than-
>> 80-character doctring. According to their repository, this issue has
>> been address, but a new release has not yet been cut containing the
>> fix.
> That's rather peculiar given that emacs-dash builds fine in CI as far
> as I am aware.  I also have a build locally cached.
>
> /gnu/store/63r1i2mpgivb2f99h2dscmrymcv9n257-emacs-dash-2.19.1
>
> On which Guix commit are you currently?  Do you perhaps use a channel,
> that provides its own definition of emacs-dash?

It builds repeatedly fine for me as well.

Closing, but do reopen if you can reproduce on a fresh Guix commit.

Maxim

Subject: emacs-dash test failing,
From: Bryan Paronto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 06:23:08 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guixers

I’ll prefacing by saying I’m still rather green to Guix System and Home,
but am loving every minute of hacking, even when things dont immediate go
according to plan.

This morning I’m attempting to use Guix for all of my Emacs package
management needs, however one package, emacs-dash-2.19.1 seems to be
failing to build. According to the logs, this is due to a
long-than-80-character doctring. According to their repository, this issue
has been address, but a new release has not yet been cut containing the fix.

What is the prescribed way of addressing such an issue, where emacs-dash is
an input on one or more of the packages I’m attempting to install as part
of my reconfigure.

I’ve run `guix pull' and `guix package -u' . I’m uncertain of creating a
new package definition with tests disabled would be the solution, but I’ve
yet to try.

Best Regards,

Bryan Paronto
[email-masked]

-- 
*Bryan Paronto*
Software Engineer, Principal Consultant
[email-masked] | 239.200.2312
Book A Meeting with Me <https://calendly.com/bryan-cablecar-digital/30>
<http://cablecar.digital>