Subject: bug#54989: 28.1; url-http.el: chunked response: wait for the last CRLF

From: Nacho Barrientos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:34:12 +0200

Hi Lars,

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nacho Barrientos <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This is a bug report for url.el, more specifically for url-http.el in
>> the context of processing responses with Transfer-Encoding set to
>> "chunked".
>
> The patch looks good to me, so I've pushed it to Emacs 29.

Thank you.

Any chance you could consider applying it to emacs-28 so it could
eventually make it to Emacs 28.2? :)

> This change was small enough to apply without assigning copyright to the
> FSF, but for future patches you want to submit, it might make sense to
> get the paperwork started now, so that subsequent patches can be applied
> speedily. Would you be willing to sign such paperwork?

I'd love to. I started the process one year ago (20th April 2021 to be
exact) and it's been most of the time stuck on the FSF side since
then. I've sent pings in November 2021, January 2022 and March 2022 to
[email-masked] but nobody has replied. The RT ticket number is
"gnu.org #1713844".

--
 bye
 Nacho
 http://cern.ch/nacho