Subject: Re: [bug#54986] [PATCH v2 3/3 WIP] services: mpd: Support socket activation.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:35:46 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op za 23-04-2022 om 16:39 [+0200]:
> +@item @code{shepherd-endpoints} (default: @code{'()})
> +The endpoints shepherd shall bind and spawn MPD from.  If this field is
> +not empty (checked via @code{null?}), a systemd-style service is used
> +rather than a forkexec-service.

systemd-style / forkexec-service looks like an implementation detail to
me, not something useful to the user.

>  This delays the start of MPD until the
> +first client connects.
> 

Likewise.

>   As a side effect @code{port} and @code{address}
> +may be ignored.

Could these three fields be unified, keeping 'port' and 'address' only
for some backwards compatibility?  E.g.:

  (mpd-configuration
    (endpoints (list (shepherd-endpoint [a AF_INET6 address])
                     (shepherd-endpoint [a AF_UNIX address]))))

Greetings,
Maxime.