Subject: bug#54971: 28.1; input method chinese-ctlaub unable to enter �p

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:47:31 +0300

> Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:05:50 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
> 
> The character entered by typing "C-x 8 RET 794a" for µp is incapable 
> of being entered using the chinese-ctlaub input method.

What is that \265 octal escape?  You use it in the URL below as well:

> => https://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/lexi-mf/search.php?word=µp 
> Multi-function Chinese Character Database

But I cannot use that in my Web browser, and suspect it is some
encoding problem when you composed the message.

> At the following website, the Sidney Lau "Cant. Scheme" has "Canton. 
> Syllables" for typing in µp using
> 
> * bang
> * paang

We don't have the U+794A character in CTLau-b5.html, neither under
BANG nor in PAANG, which I suppose is why you cannot insert that
character.  If there is an updated version of that file or the
equivalent data somewhere, we could perhaps use it.

Thanks.