Subject: Re: bug#54971: 28.1; input method chinese-ctlaub unable to enter �p

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:20:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Po Lu wrote:

                                If you know, or can find out, please tell.
>>
>> I don't know.  My guess is CTLau-b5.html widen in use from Sidney
>> Lau's immediate circle.
>
> In the meantime, you can use the chinese-py-b5 input method, which is
> capable of entering that character as "beng1".  Not that such a
> character is likely to be used in real life by anyone.

The character "fa3" for hair  using chinese-py-b5 input method has the
same problem in chinese-ctlaub.  That character appears in line one at
position six  in a music  video that launched  5 years ago  on Youtube
attracting 250M  views.  The  song was performed  live at  nasa's 2019
break through prize ceremony introduced  by Pierce Brosnan.  The music
video's visual design aesthetics in circulation are thematically Tesla
font typesetting the word "passengers"  in capitals and the technology
is "light  years away" which  is a translation  of the song's  name by
G.E.M..

>
> [Your MUA's coding system is weird, so here is that character in
> Unicode: 祊.]
>

I've set  my mail reader,  Alpine, to emit  UTF-8, can you  see theses
characters in Unicode?

* 祊
* 髮

-- 
vl