Subject: Re: bug#54971: 28.1; input method chinese-ctlaub unable to enter�p

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:45:54 +0800

Van Ly <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2022, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>>> Some fields on the database are presented in English by clicking on
>>> "ENG" where you find it on the left navigation menu if your web
>>> browser frame is wide enough.
>>
>> I did click on "ENG"; nothing happened.
>>
>
> Maybe you need to activate the Java/Javascript and retrieve an entry
> from the database to see a change with "ENG" shown in bold font.
>
>> Feel free to submit feedback to them.  Me, I'd be happy to know where
>> we can find an up-to-date version of the file from which we derived
>> the CTLau-b5.html file we keep in our repository and from which we
>> produce that input method.  If you know, or can find out, please tell.
>
> I don't know.  My guess is CTLau-b5.html widen in use from Sidney
> Lau's immediate circle.

In the meantime, you can use the chinese-py-b5 input method, which is
capable of entering that character as "beng1".  Not that such a
character is likely to be used in real life by anyone.

[Your MUA's coding system is weird, so here is that character in
Unicode: 祊.]