Subject: bug#54970: 28.1; Some emoji no longer display

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:18:47 +0200

Howard Melman <[email-masked]> writes:

> (I normally use the macport but I was able to reproduce this on vanilla
> emacs 28.1 from emacsformacosx so please forgive if I get some details
> wrong.)
>
> Using emacs -Q on MacOS 11.6.5:
>
> Use C-x 8 RET and select FORK AND KINFE WITH PLATE
>
> I don't actually see the character on vanilla emacs but if I put point
> before it the cursor displays a bit wider if that makes sense.  On the
> macport I see tofu.

I'm unable to reproduce this on Debian with emacs -Q in 28.1, so I guess
it depends on the font selection code?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no