Subject: bug#54969: closed (Re: bug#54969: "activate.scm.drv" Empty and Live)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54969: "activate.scm.drv" Empty and Live

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54969: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54969
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54969: "activate.scm.drv" Empty and Live
From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
To: Zain Jabbar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:47:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Zain Jabbar schreef op za 16-04-2022 om 04:18 [-1000]:
> Aloha Maxime Devos,
> 
> Your suggestion worked! I did the following but I'm not sure how much
> was actually needed: [...]

Nice, closing.

FWIW, you can close reports yourself by sending to
[email-masked] instead of [email-masked].

Greetings,
Maxime.

Subject: "activate.scm.drv" Empty and Live
From: Zain Jabbar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:20:21 -1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Aloha Guix,

A number of errors have appeared on my system. Notably I have the following
issue with "sudo guix system reconfigure $CONFIG_FILE":
"guix system: error: error parsing derivation
`/gnu/store/8jqz1m1src0h4md70q09rlxppdy6d1jx-activate-service.scm.drv':
expected string `Derive(['"

I believe this is due to key files on my system (e.g.
"/gnu/store/...-activate.scm.drv" and
"/gnu/store/...-activate-service.scm.drv") have become both empty and live
on my system.

Here is the result of trying to repair using "guix gc"
"zjabbar@tao ~$ sudo guix gc --verify=contents,repair
reading the store...
checking path existence...
checking hashes...
path `/gnu/store/035mddyijs1xrp7z36fn1yvqd6asx4vq-provenance-builder' was
modified! expected h
ash `468eebad16e7842b982f046d0e846c5bc2672af01879cc43409f9534820eb815', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f
624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/035mddyijs1xrp7z36fn1yvqd6asx4vq-provenance-builder'
path `/gnu/store/0c9hqf02jksb06r3ywdz0alq1154kkq9-grub.cfg-builder' was
modified! expected hash
`04ed96b94726f1ffc7ce3fae556d5c057de1e0348da488a31694190787783b6a', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/0c9hqf02jksb06r3ywdz0alq1154kkq9-grub.cfg-builder'
path
`/gnu/store/17q0ymk80965sm1vww4anwz96q57q229-shepherd-user-homes.scm.drv'
was modified! expected hash
`c69bf28c4c631368cbe1ad4d5d3dcc424f5a0d4a658cb964e796b2b92a6306fd', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/17q0ymk80965sm1vww4anwz96q57q229-shepherd-user-homes.scm.drv'
path
`/gnu/store/1byrjg1w8mqmgla4257xc25lyh042bq2-xdg-desktop-database-builder'
was modified! expected hash
`77ed327cc6131e0a0cc6e207e679b09edc826a26a2bc4bf5c7f0f6e3f7bc6517', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/1byrjg1w8mqmgla4257xc25lyh042bq2-xdg-desktop-database-builder'
path `/gnu/store/1mcdi0zvcmb184dg6459cpxg4hr1pz4h-glib-schemas.drv' was
modified! expected hash
`b9504e60e0576992ee0cb323ec15a71a0b6aeedcb47f22be5a16040063da0757', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/1mcdi0zvcmb184dg6459cpxg4hr1pz4h-glib-schemas.drv'
path `/gnu/store/1wdm4khqlrx2yxb646jp9s7ia3f9p9w9-configuration.scm' was
modified! expected hash
`851294df3f63927f9da53b318e7cec9dedf0d7e149a57be38707ae3c2a819e80', got
`77ac62e2629d8e45f624589c0c8bf99e24b3a722349bf1e79bc186008534e246'
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
error: cannot repair path
`/gnu/store/1wdm4khqlrx2yxb646jp9s7ia3f9p9w9-configuration.scm'"

It looks like a lot of files have the same hash and are empty. Is the only
way to fix this to reinstall Guix? Is it known why this could happen in the
first place?

-- 
Thank you,
Zain Jabbar