Subject: Re: bug#54964: 28.1; mistatement in NEWS about read-extended-command-predicate

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:59:52 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> That NEWS entry describes two 'declare' forms:
>
>    '(declare (completion PREDICATE))'
>    '(declare (modes MODE...))'
>
> Are you saying that M-S-x uses one of these two?  Then I must be
> missing something.

Doc string:

This is like ‘execute-extended-command’, but it limits the
completions to commands that are particularly relevant to the
current buffer.  This includes commands that have been marked as
being specially designed for the current major mode (and enabled
minor modes), as well as commands bound in the active local key
maps.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no