Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs does not invoke doc view to open odf files

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:28:35 +0200

When I try to open an odt file in Emacs I get this error:

File mode specification error: (error Conflicting types: name says (odf)
but content says (epub))

This is despite the fact that I have this in my init file:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.odt\\'" . doc-view-mode))

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-04-14 built on DESKTOP-M9O01RB
Repository revision: 203c503ff22e6c3c7b75d0e30d1974bb0ca9e60a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1645)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENS
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  dired-async-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif bookmark text-property-search pp dired-async dired-aux
comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra help-mode remember derived kmacro
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs markdown-mode color thingatpt smart-quotes
org-download org-element avl-tree generator org-attach org-id org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs url-http url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-gw nsm rmc puny url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map seq gv byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
url-vars async ace-window subr-x avy ring lorem-ipsum unfill two-column
recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib savehist saveplace
hi-lock delsel cus-load iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify dbusbind w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 238817 13190)
 (symbols 48 21577 1)
 (strings 32 68938 2238)
 (string-bytes 1 2013433)
 (vectors 16 31930)
 (vector-slots 8 542596 17192)
 (floats 8 230 340)
 (intervals 56 1790 0)
 (buffers 992 14))