Subject: bug#54941: No such file or directory when running a binary

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:25:24 +0200

Haider Mirza schreef op do 14-04-2022 om 16:34 [+0100]:
> I am trying to run a binary and it returns "bash: ./silent-syphon: No
> such file or directory"
> This issue does not seem to happen on other distros (tested on
> Archlinux) and has been reproduced on several GNU Guix installations.
> This error has occured before and every both times the binary was
> originally found in a zip file. I unzip the file with "unzip foo".
> Using the unzip program.

It probably uses /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 or the like which does not
exist on Guix.  What is the interpreter according to "readelf -l
silent-python"? (look for ‘Requesting program interpreter: ’ in the
output).  What does 'stat THE-INTERPRETER’ say?

> LDD shows the binary to be fine and error continued to happen even
> after installing all dependancies/libraries.

'ldd' is not perfect.  As an additional test, could be to do "strace
./silent-python", maybe it tells you which file could not be found.

Greetings,
Maxime