Subject: Re: bug#54941: No such file or directory when running a binary

From: Haider Mirza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:46:04 +0100

> (This is not to accuse you Haider, who I don't know, of probing Maxime
> -- but consider the seemingly casual example you are setting for noobs
> in suggesting running an unknown (to others) binary).

Sorry about that, usually Github Repositories ask for some way to
reproduce a bug so they can try and debug it. I had expected him to
have ran the binary in a VM. But like you said it might not be apparent
to the less experienced. 

> The con starts off as many that target individuals do
> nowadays: With a text message. In this case it's not a
> phishing attempt, it's an attempt to ascertain whether the
> person receiving the message is susceptible to further
> manipulation.

Looking back, that really did seem quite manipulative, worse with the
repository not even with a license. Thanks for spotting this out and
making me realize my mistake.

All the best,
Haider.