Subject: bug#54939: 29.0.50; icalendar cannot infer the DTEND from DTSTART + DURATION

From: John Hamelink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:50:39 +0100

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

>> In `icalendar--decode-isodatetime', hours,
>> minutes and seconds are set to 0 by default, effectively normalising
>> date to datetime. I wonder if there's a function already implemented
>> for this that I don't know about yet?
>
> I don't know the answer to your question.

No problem :)

> That being said, the "icalendar--" prefix means this is a private
> function, so you can change it to do what you want, so long as its
> callers in icalendar.el are adjusted accordingly.

OK, in that case I'll try to fix the function responsibly, and I'll
try to find all usages of the function and change them accordingly.

I've also sent my side of the copy-assignment paperwork back, and I've
asked my employer to sign their side. I already have a clause in my
contract which says something similar to what is said in the
disclaimer, so things should move quickly on that front.

Best,
JH