Subject: Re: bug#54914: 28.1.50; Unable to form Brahmi conjuncts in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 17:57:24 +0300

> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 19:55:36 +0530
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Everything seems to be working fine now.
> Thank you Eli and Robert for your hardwork.

Thanks for testing.

> Here is "Welcome to Emacs" in Sanskrit in the Brahmi script rendered correctly in Emacs!
> 𑀈𑀫𑁃𑀓𑁆𑀲𑁂 𑀲𑁆𑀯𑀸𑀕𑀢𑀫𑁆 (ईमैक्से स्वागतम् īmaiksē svāgatam)

Thanks, but we are not done yet.

First, we need to have a "hello" greeting in Brahmi script for the
etc/HELLO file.  Can you show such a greeting?  It is okay to have two
or even 3 if there's no single phrase for that.

We also need to know how to write "Brahmi" in Brahmi script, but I
think I found the answer for that: "𑀩𑁆𑀭𑀸𑀳𑁆𑀫𑀻", right?  If that is
incorrect, please tell how to write this correctly.

Last, but not least, we should have an input method for Brahmi.  I
looked around, but found only one description of a keyboard map for
Brahmi, which is here:

  https://github.com/kaamanita/brahmi

Can you look and tell whether the keyboard layout shown there is
reasonable?  If not, can you point me to a better one, or maybe
suggest such a layout yourself?  All I need to know is which key on a
standard QWERTY keyboard should produce what Brahmi character(s), and
then I can write the input method myself.

Thanks.