Subject: [bug#54910] [PATCH] guix: import: Convert inputs to the new format.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:37:13 +0200

Hey Efraim & Jakub,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks for the patch!
>
> This looked good to me, so I applied it locally.  I then ran the test
> suite and noticed that tests/go.scm and tests/crate.scm have failing
> tests.
>
> The failure in tests/go.scm is harmless and can easily be fixed.  But
> the failure in tests/crate.scm indicates a real problem, I think.  The
> build system expects that inputs are placed in the #:cargo-inputs field
> in (arguments …), and this seems to expect old-style labelled inputs.
>
> I don’t know if the build system would work with the new-style plain
> lists in the arguments field, so I’m Cc-ing contributors to the build
> system.
>
> @Jakub and @Efraim: could you please comment on this?

A friendly ping.  :-)

I think it’s important to make sure the current Rust packaging strategy
does not “hold us back”.

Thanks,
Ludo’.