Subject: bug#54905: Allow in tabulated lists to resize columns with the mouse

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:27:01 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

> How do you resize the last column then? Or does dragging the empty
> space work?

You can't resize the last column with the mouse (but then again, the
last column usually doesn't have a limited size).

In vtable, there's a separator and a divider, both after the column, and
those could be draggable.  These aren't currently displayed after the
last column, but we could do that so that there'd be something to drag.
(But that will make the display uglier.)

However, the separator is currently just added to the padding, so it
can't be dragged...  but we could alter the rendering so that it's a
separate entity allowing dragging.  And the divider could definitely be
draggable (and I'll do that now), but in most setups the divider will
only be a couple of pixels wide, making dragging it very difficult.

We could also have some sort of resize action on the context menu, but
yuck.

We have a lot of options here.  :-)  But none of them are obviously,
like, good.  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no