Subject: bug#54905: Allow in tabulated lists to resize columns with the mouse

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:29:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> What's wrong with drag-mouse-1 etc.?  Or am I misunderstanding the
> question?

No, that was exactly what I was looking for.  :-/  I was getting some
weird results when I tried using it, so I assumed that it didn't quite
work, but I tried it again now, and it seems to work fine.  I may have
been getting confused by the binding(s) that already exists in
header-line -- there's a bunch of different bindings for down (etc.)
there...

Yes, this doesn't seem to work:

(keymap-local-set "<header-line> <drag-mouse-1>" #'foo)
(defun foo (e)
  (interactive "e")
  (message "Hello %S %S"
	   (posn-x-y (event-start e)) (posn-x-y (event-end e))))

Dragging something in the header line does not call this function.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no