Subject: Re: bug#54900: Bug encountered when running `guix pull`

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 13:04:26 +0200

Jochen Luig schreef op wo 13-04-2022 om 04:56 [+0200]:
> guix substitute: warning: while fetching
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/mzz11jzk3ag1nzzzdg83kmgysm5faijd-texlive-babel-fixed-59745
> : server is somewhat slow
> guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem
> persists
> guix substitute: error: connect*: Connection timed out
>           16 (primitive-load
> "/gnu/store/ghf5nvs7mwv0w99737ilgja4hfdm2l7s-compute-guix-
> derivation")

Probably network problems, just retry, and maybe pass --fallback to
"guix pull".

Anyway, this is not a bug and hence shouldn't be reported as such, but
error reporting in "guix pull" is complicated™.  FWIW, the v2 patch at
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50238> would avoid the here unnecessary
backtrace and make it clearer that it's just some network problems,
though it's not perfect (the ‘please report a bug’ remains).

Greetings,
Maxime.