Subject: Re: bug#54882: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add hut.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 23:19:14 -0400

Hi,

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey Maxim,
>
> On Sat Oct 8, 2022 at 5:16 AM BST, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> Thanks for this contribution!  I've applied the 6 patches of this
>> series, making them appear in the correct order, and made some changes
>> to them, mostly making complete sentences in the description and fixing
>> the indentation (please use the Emacs-based formatting tool next time,
>> or 'guix style', which should get this right).  I've also removed the
>> double hydhen ('--') from package names, as we do not have this
>> convention in Guix.
>
> Pretty sure we already have some packages with the double-hyphen in them;
> also, it's not a separator, rather a translation of:

I haven't see any, but feel free to point to actual examples we have.

> git.sr.ht/~foo/bar
>          ^^ these two characters
>
> So, wouldn't it be better to keep things consistent with them existing
> packages?

>From what I understand, ~ is automatically inserted by source hut, not
something meaningful, at least when it comes to the package name.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim