Subject: Re: [bug#54882] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add hut.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 17:43:16 +0200

Dhruvin Gandhi schreef op di 12-04-2022 om 18:42 [+0530]:
> On Tue Apr 12, 2022 at 6:06 PM IST, Maxime Devos wrote:
> > Only one package per patch.  From (guix)Submitting Patches:
> > 
> >    13. Verify that your patch contains only one set of related changes.
> >       Bundling unrelated changes together makes reviewing harder and
> >       slower.
> > 
> >       Examples of unrelated changes include the addition of several
> >       packages, or a package update along with fixes to that package.
> Should I submit a patch for each dependency? Or do you mean I should
> send a separate patch for updating github.com/spf13/cobra?

A separate patch like for updating github.com/spf13/cobra.

> All newly added packages before hut's definition are required to build
> hut, so I put them together in one commit.

FWIW, a separate patch makes it easier to see at a glance which commit
modifies which packages.

Greetings,
Maxime.