Subject: Re: [bug#54876] [PATCH] gnu: sbcl-py4cl: Fix path to python3.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:46:23 +0200

Paul A. Patience schreef op di 12-04-2022 om 02:55 [+0000]:
+               (substitute* "src/callpython.lisp"
+                 (("\\*python-command\\* \"python\"")
+                  (string-append "*python-command* "
+                                 "\"" (which "python3") "\"")))))

This is most likely incorrect when cross-compiling.  Do

  (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
     [...]
     (string-append [...] (search-input-file inputs "bin/python3") [...]) [...])

instead, such that it looks in 'inputs' instead of 'native-inputs'.

Also, now that 'python3' is patched in, is the following still relevant:

      (propagated-inputs
       ;; This package doesn't do anything without python available
       (list python

(I mean, does it still need to be propagated?)

Greetings,
Maxime.