Subject: bug#54838: 28.1; Buffers are not updated when a directory is renamed in dired

From: Nicolas Martyanoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 17:25:40 +0200

Hi,

Following an update from 27.2 to 28.1, when a directory is renamed in
dired, buffers visiting files located in this directory are not updated
to visit the file at its new location.

To reproduce the problem in emacs -Q:

- C-x C-f /tmp/dir1/file

- C-x C-s
  Answer 'y' to the prompt to create the directory. At this point the
  buffer 'file' visits /tmp/dir1/file, and the file exists on the disk.

- Run dired in /tmp.

- Rename /tmp/dir1 into /tmp/dir2, e.g. using 'R'.

- Switch to the 'file' buffer. It still visits /tmp/dir1/file even
  though the file is now located in /tmp/dir2.

-- 
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net
[email-masked]