Subject: [bug#54832] [patch] update glibc to 2.35

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:16:30 +0200

zamfofex schreef op za 09-04-2022 om 22:16 [-0300]:
+                     (define empty-static-libraries '("libpthread.a"
"libdl.a" "libutil.a" "libanl.a"))
+                     (define (empty-static-library? file)
+                       (any (lambda (s) (string=? file s)) empty-
static-libraries))
+
                      (define (static-library? file)
                        ;; Return true if FILE is a static library. 
The
                        ;; "_nonshared.a" files are referred to by
libc.so,
                        ;; libpthread.so, etc., which are in fact
linker
                        ;; scripts.
                        (and (string-suffix? ".a" file)
-                            (not (string-contains file
"_nonshared"))))
+                            (not (string-contains file
"_nonshared"))
+                            (not (empty-static-library? file))))

Why are empty static libraries skipped?  Would "gcc -static -lpthread main.c" (*)
(in an environment that includes glibc:static) still work, or does it now fail?

Greetings,
Maxime.