Subject: Unhandled ENOENT exception

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:47:54 -0400

Christopher Rodriguez

Table of Contents
─────────────────

I'd like to add my $0.02 as well.

Seems like the issue is during the deployment, as Madhavan
said. Specifically, the error message in that form only appears in
`gnu/home/services/symlink-manager.scm', in the function
`cleanup-symlinks'.

It seems that, right now, the issue is that `ENOTEMPTY' and `ENOTDIR'
are tested for and handled, but `ENOENT' is not. Ideally, this should be
handled and tell the user /which/ file or directory is missing, not halt
the entire process. And, since we are testing for a missing file (and
thus have no chance of overwriting a user's data), it would probably
make the most sense to just create the file that is missing in the next
step, without stopping at all.

I'll throw together a patch real quick to test with. I could be very off
base, but I think this should fix this issue.
--

Christopher Rodriguez