Subject: bug#54829: closed (Re: bug#54829: [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54829: [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54829: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54829
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54829: [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, zimoun <[email-masked]>, Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 19:47:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Mittwoch, dem 18.05.2022 um 00:13 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> As it seems this change was merge, don't forget to close it if
> everything mentioned here was taken care of :-)
Well, it's not literally "everything" related to Emacs 28, but it is at
least this series, so I'll mark it as done.  Also deleted the emacs-28
branch as it's no longer relevant.

Cheers

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:29:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

as noted over at guix devel, I've updated Emacs and enabled socket activation.
I did not yet test this, so you might consider it WIP (I did test my own
config with 27.2 under socket activation slightly better), also given the
number of rebuilds I'm never quite sure if we should actually adhere to
Emacs being staging material.  Anyways, please enjoy.

Yours truly

Liliana Marie Prikler (2):
  gnu: emacs: Update to 28.1.
  gnu: emacs: Add support for socket activation.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 -
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        | 337 +++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-exec-path.patch    |  12 +-
 .../emacs-ignore-empty-xim-styles.patch       |  24 --
 4 files changed, 176 insertions(+), 198 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-ignore-empty-xim-styles.patch

-- 
2.34.0