Subject: [bug#54829] [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:15:31 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs)[#:phases]: Add ‘enable-elogind’.
> [inputs]: Add elogind.
> [native-inputs]: Add autoconf.

[...]

> +          (add-after 'unpack 'enable-elogind
> +            (lambda _
> +              (substitute* "configure.ac"
> +                (("libsystemd") "libelogind"))

I suggest making that substitution in ‘configure’…

>      (native-inputs
> -     (list pkg-config texinfo))
> +     (list autoconf pkg-config texinfo))

… so you don’t need this extra dependency.

Otherwise it LGTM.

Perhaps you can push to a ‘wip-emacs-28’ branch, and then ping me or
another admin on #guix so we can tell ci.guix to build it.  Once it’s
built and we don’t see regressions, we can merge in ‘master’ (should
take a day or two at most I suppose).

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: First time it takes more than a few hours for a new Emacs version to
    land in Guix!  :-)