Subject: [bug#54829] [PATCH 0/2] Update Emacs to 28.1 and add socket activation

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:29:39 +0200

Hi Guix,

as noted over at guix devel, I've updated Emacs and enabled socket activation.
I did not yet test this, so you might consider it WIP (I did test my own
config with 27.2 under socket activation slightly better), also given the
number of rebuilds I'm never quite sure if we should actually adhere to
Emacs being staging material.  Anyways, please enjoy.

Yours truly

Liliana Marie Prikler (2):
  gnu: emacs: Update to 28.1.
  gnu: emacs: Add support for socket activation.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 -
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        | 337 +++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-exec-path.patch    |  12 +-
 .../emacs-ignore-empty-xim-styles.patch       |  24 --
 4 files changed, 176 insertions(+), 198 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-ignore-empty-xim-styles.patch

-- 
2.34.0