Subject: bug#54814: 29.0.50; symbol visibility in modules may cause emacs crash in nativ-compilation emacs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 18:18:10 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 15:09:48 +0200
>> 
>> 
>> symbol visibility in modules may cause emacs crash in nativ-compilation
>> emacs
>
> Does it really have to do anything with native-compilation?  The fixes
> seem to be to compile the external modules with less visibility, but
> that doesn't affect Emacs, only the modules.
>
> Or am I missing something?

Well, I'm not really sure, but I have a couple of different builds of
emacs, and when I load the emacs-zmq precompiled binaries they crash my
main emacs, which has native-compilation, but not the other emacs I
tried this in. I also get the same result of crashing native emacs, when
using the packaged build proceedure of emacs-zmq. The hidden-visibility
branch seems to fix these problems.

Can I help pinpointing the issue somehow?

-- 
Joakim Verona
[email-masked]