Subject: [bug#54811] [PATCH 0/3] Support socket activation in 'guix publish' and 'guix-daemon'

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:08:55 +0200

Ludovic Courtès schreef op ma 11-04-2022 om 11:48 [+0200]:
> >    * IIUC, previously, "guix publish" could not be run inside a
> > network
> >      container, because it tried to listen by itself (and listening
> >      to a container's own loopback isn't useful).
> > 
> >    * but in case of socket activation, this problem disappears
> 
> Well, shepherd, as an ordinary process in the container,

I meant running ‘guix publish’ inside a container, not shepherd as a
whole in a container.  Basically, make-forkexec-constructor/container,
but for socket activation.

>  would also try to listen by itself.  But I think that’s fine; worst
> thing is nobody ever connects to that socket, but that’s ok, no?

If nobody every connects to the socket of ‘guix publish’, then ‘guix
publish’ is useless.

Greetings,
Maxime.