Subject: [bug#54811] [PATCH 0/3] Support socket activation in 'guix publish' and 'guix-daemon'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:12:46 +0200

Hello!

Now that we have this fancy new Shepherd, we can have our daemons
started lazily via “socket activation” like all the cool kids have
been doing.  :-)

Next steps: update the ‘guix’ package, update the .service files,
and update (gnu services base) (I’m not entirely sure we can start
‘guix-daemon’ via socket activation though due to the container
shenanigans in there.)

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  publish: Use SRFI-71 instead of SRFI-11.
  publish: Support systemd-style socket activation.
  daemon: Support systemd-style socket activation.

 doc/guix.texi                 | 11 ++++++++-
 guix/scripts/publish.scm      | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 nix/nix-daemon/guix-daemon.cc | 42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 3 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0996d48d0e79a360e0d5583b812cd565f62ca32e
-- 
2.35.1