Subject: Re: bug#54810: 27.2; emacs crashes randomly on Mac with Bug Sur 11.5.2

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 09:13:35 +0300

> Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 21:51:11 -0400
> From: Joe Halpern <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> 
> The bug seems completely random. I can't figure out what is causing
> emacs to crash. Moreover, it happens relatively frequently (2-3
> times/week, sometimes even more often -- I use emacs for hours/day).
> One interesting observation: I was streaming music today, which stopped 
> at the same time
> that emacs crashed.  (No other app seems to have stopped riunning.)

Thank you for your report.

First, please try Emacs 28.1 if you can.  Emacs 27 is no longer being
developed.

And second, to be able to do something useful with this information,
we need a backtrace from the crash, preferably in GDB or some other
similar debugger.  The backtrace will show us where is the code which
crashes, and perhaps give us ideas why that happens and how to fix
that.  Without this information, we have no lead to investigate.