Subject: bug#54810: 27.2; emacs crashes randomly on Mac with Bug Sur 11.5.2

From: Joe Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 21:51:11 -0400

The bug seems completely random. I can't figure out what is causing
emacs to crash. Moreover, it happens relatively frequently (2-3
times/week, sometimes even more often -- I use emacs for hours/day).
One interesting observation: I was streaming music today, which stopped 
at the same time
that emacs crashed.  (No other app seems to have stopped riunning.)

I'm afraid not.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.4.0, NS appkit-2022.44 
Version 11.3.1 (Build 20E241))
of 2021-05-11 built on Joes-Mac-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description: macOS 11.5.2

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type <help> C-a.
Recover auto save file 
/Users/joehalpern/Documents/work/#optimalEBA.tex#? (y or n) y
Auto-saving...done

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc
warnings tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 56943 7575)
(symbols 48 6852 1)
(strings 32 18781 1276)
(string-bytes 1 766499)

(vectors 16 11515)
(vector-slots 8 141083 8574)
(floats 8 27 318)
(intervals 56 529 0)
(buffers 1000 13))